43.5k

This person who refuses to return my friend's dog

43.5k

This person who refuses to return my friend's dog

2.7k comments
97% Upvoted
What are your thoughts? Log in or Sign uplog insign up
level 1
6.4k points · 1 month ago

Hope the cops were called

level 2
Original Poster5.8k points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

They were contacted, but they claim there is no evidence to pursue them...

FINAL UPDATE: MY FRIENDS DOG IS NOW HOME SAFE AND SOUND! They found the location of the person who refused to return their dog and they retrieved her from their yard! http://imgur.com/gallery/yjXbLK3

Thank you everyone for your support and advice, I did not expect it to get this big!

UPDATE: The cops are still proving to be useless, despite them being in contact with the person who has taken my friends dog they wont reveal her contact info or pursue her. As of right now my friend has no address or leads on where the person who has her dog is because they recently moved. This is all the information/updates I've recieved from my friends, I will keep this comment updated for those who are still interested in the story. Unfortunately its not looking good though.

level 2

If theres nobody to shoot the cops arent going to help with anything

level 2
[deleted]
21 points · 1 month ago

Useless. Don't you know?

level 2
3 points · 1 month ago

Are pictures with/of the dog and it’s registration/license not enough? I would be pissed not only at that person but the shitty cops

15 more replies

level 1

Does the dog have a chip?

level 2
Original Poster3.0k points · 1 month ago

Yea she does.

4 more replies

level 1
Comment removed by moderator1 month ago
level 2
Comment removed by moderator1 month ago
level 2
552 points · 1 month ago

Agree, If the police won't help you. Just go and get her back.

level 2

I'll go myself where the fuck are these bastards

level 2

Fair chance the dog will escape that house once it realizes you’re there. Pull up car, knock on door. If dog isnt jumping on you yet and this person actually answers the door, loudly say the words, “GIVE ME MY FUCKING DOG BACK!” over and over until they comply. Hopefully, they threaten to call cops and follow through. Also very important, if they threaten your life for being on their property, You gotta bounce.

level 2

Just camp out and wait. Talk to the neighbors. Etc. do not break and enter or you might get shot.

Take the dog on the street. Approach like” OH MYNGOD YIU FOUND MY DOG THANK YOU!!” As the dog runs up and greets and loves on you. It has to be public. This is a hostage/kid splint situation play it smart the goal is getting the victim back not revenge.

level 2
3 points · 1 month ago

God what a seething piece of shit. People like this deserve to have the ever loving shit kicked out of them. Don't do that.

Do you know the address? If so, the above comment is the right answer. Do it Rent-A-Center style.

I have literally stood at a door and knocked on it for 4 hours straight before because I'm trying to repo some shit. Get yourself some water and snacks, and if you don't have an intimidating presence, bring someone who does.

Go knock on the door. Do it EARLY in the morning, like between 6:30 and 7. Yell through the door that you're there for the dog. They won't answer. Continue to knock and stay AT THE DOOR for hours. Eventually they will have to leave, or they will call the police. If the police come and get involved explain the situation. No cop will cite YOU for this situation, unless they also assist in getting the dog back.

Force the offender to confront this situation. They will have to tell the police that they don't want you at their door. They will have to tell the police their side of the story. They will have to admit it's not their dog or lie to the police. Either way forces the police to involve themselves in the situation.

Persistence is how you fix this.